Work Permit

Temporary Work Permit for Foreigners (TFWP): The opportunity to employ foreigners is subject to strict regulations from the Canadian Department of Labor. The employer should give priority to filling employment gaps within the organization to Canadian citizens or permanent residents. However, if he cannot find the worker he is looking for and he proves this, he can apply to the Ministry of Labor and employ a foreign worker with a permit to be obtained as a result of the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).


This work permit is employer specific permit. In other words, the employee can only work with the employer who has obtained the permit with this document. In case the employer changes, he has to apply for a new work permit.

Work Permit


Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP): It is a type of visa that can be applied for by those who qualify for a diploma/certificate from a specific academic, vocational or professional educational designated learning institution (College or University) in Canada, lasting at least 8 months. A work permit can be granted for a maximum of 3 years in proportion to the period of study. Graduates with this permit can work with any employer they want, and can change their workplace during the leave period.


Open Work Permit (OWP): It is a work permit issued for spouses of persons whose work or study permit has been approved. Spouses with this permission can work in the employer and business line they want (except for prohibited professions). In order for the spouse to receive this permission, the education program must not be a language education program.


All 3 work visas above provide the opportunity to apply to permanent residency immigration programs after at least 1 year of work.